Monday, September 3, 2012

This one is for the ladies.

I have to post quickly about the fashion here in China. It is not at all what I expected and every day is like a live fashion show. There are some seriously beautiful Asian women here (as Brent has noted SEVERAL times). The normal wear on the streets is very formal which I find surprising--dresses, skirts (the shorter the better is apparently the rule of thumb) and high-heeled shoes. Oh the shoes! We've been to a few malls here and the shoe stores dominate. I've never seen such colorful, fanciful shoes in any US city. For all you shoe-lovers out there, I thought I'd snap a few shots of the latest trends in stores here (starting about $85 a pair). I wanted to take many many more photos but an employee was looking at me and so I stopped. :)
Who wants to wear these to Target 280?
BTW- I could totally rock the Chinese fashions here, but by Asian standards I'm some 130lbs overweight. Oddly enough, my Keens are not getting any second glances. They appear rather like circus shoes compared to what's on the street. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment